Finally, after a month of fasting, you are rewarded with 3 days of Eid to celebrate successfully going through the holy month of Ramadan.
Eid is celebrated gloriously, or well, it was in the past. It is that time of the year when families come together, a massive feast is arranged, and everyone has the time of their lives. However, ever since the digital technology has advanced, the youngsters are confined to their laptops or mobile phones and Eid is not as fun as it once used to be. Although the excitement and expectations from Eid are the same as ever, the reality is quite different.
- Eidi milegi, I’m going to be rich!
You just realize you’re 18 or above, aur bachon mai he 50, 50 rupay baant ke apni 2000 rupay ki Eidi bhi urrh gayi.
2. I’m going to look like Mahira Khan!
You end up looking like Dolly Bindra.
3. Bohot mehmaan ayeinge, it’s going to be so much fun!
Akelay beth ke Good morning Pakistani Eid special dekh rahay hotay hain.
4. I’ve tried this new hairstyle ten times now and I’ve reached perfection. I’m definitely going to rock it on Eid!
Eid ke din light kharab hougayi, can’t even straighten your hair now, so you end up rocking your bomb phatta Tahir Shah hair.
5. Eid ki namaz ke liye jayeinge!
Everyone stays awake the whole night, Eid ki namaz kiya, Zuhr aur Asr bhi miss hogayi.
6. Acha mehmaan nahien aye, I’m gonna go out and have the best Eid ever with my friends!
Unexpected relatives come over and stay till midnight. Aunty apko kisne free karwaya itna?
7. When you finally realize the relatives are not leaving, so you decide to have a fun time with them. Except…
Except…your ammi sends you to the kitchen to make chai and serve snacks.
8. Chalo shukar hay, Eid sakoon se guzar jayegi! No parhayi!
Chaand raat pe date sheet agayi hay. Eid barbaad hogayi hay.
9. Okay, I controlled my eating habits in Ramadan, so I’m gonna eat healthy on Eid as well.
Eats like a pig.